4 minute street corn is amazing! While you can make this with any corn on the cob, fresh ears are best. Trust me – you will taste the difference! There is just no comparison to the taste of fresh ears of corn. Grab some corn from your local farmer’s market and you are ready to cook.
If you have time and energy and the desire, grill your ears of corn or boil them. I have 3 children and a full time job so most of the time for this recipe, I choose the faster way and just use the microwave for my sanity. Grilling is so delicious, but the faster way still works just fine. The cilantro and fresh lime juice really bring out the flavors and the La Chona Cotija grated cheese on top is just irresistible. If you always eat your corn on the cob plain and you aren’t so sure about this, just give it a chance.
I hope you love this recipe as much as I do. It’s a way to jazz up corn on the cob for a quick treat on its own or the perfect side dish. Serve this the next time you have guests over for a quick, healthy fix with a big impact. I don’t think you, or your guests, will be able to stop eating 4 minute street corn! It may even become a regular addition to your meals.
4 Minute Street Corn
- 4 Fresh ears of corn
- La Chona Cotija Mexican Style Grated Cheese
- Chili powder
- Fresh cilantro
- Fresh lime juice
- Microwave 2 ears of corn at a time for 3 minutes (with husks still on).
- Remove all husks and silk from the corn to make sure both ears are clean. Be careful, it will be hot!
- Rub each ear of corn with butter, as much as you desire. Be sure to coat it all the way around.
- Immediately sprinkle on the cotija cheese, as much as you desire. I add a lot, all the way around.
- Shake chili powder on top of the corn, as much as you prefer.
- Top with fresh cilantro (chop if you prefer smaller pieces).
- If you prefer, squeeze a bit of fresh lime juice on top.
Just remember, calories don’t count when you are eating 4 Minute Street Corn!