My mama has made banana nut bread for as long as I can remember. You know when she has made it because you can smell it as soon as you walk in the back door. This bread is not too sweet and makes a great breakfast or a special treat at any time of the day. You can leave out the nuts if you prefer. Whether you follow the recipe in a loaf pan or decide to make muffins, I know you will love it.
Banana Nut Bread
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups mashed bananas 3 large
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 2 1/3 cups Bisquick or Jiffy mix
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease the bottom of a loaf pan very well with butter.
- Stir all ingredients in the pan with a fork.
- Beat the ingredients in the pan for 1 minute.
- Bake 55 to 65 minutes.
- Cool 5 minutes.
- Run a knife around the sides of the loaf to loosen and then remove from pan.
Just remember, calories don’t count when eating Banana Nut Bread!