My mama has made banana nut bread for as long as I can remember. You know when she has made it because you can smell it as soon as you walk in the back door. And whenever I have banana nut bread now, no matter where I am, it takes me right back to my childhood. There’s a special nostalgia about it that will always exist for me. It’s a special homemade treat, with a little extra love that goes in to make it. It makes me think of my mama, and it’s a tradition I want to share with my kids.
This bread is not too sweet and makes a great breakfast or a special treat at any time of the day. You can leave out the nuts if you prefer. Whether you follow the recipe in a loaf pan or decide to make muffins, I know you will love it. It is, of course, a great way to get some fruit into your diet. If your kids don’t like bananas, it’s worth a try to see if they will like them mixed into this sweet bread.
Banana Nut Bread
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups mashed bananas 3 large
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 2 1/3 cups Bisquick or Jiffy mix
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease the bottom of a loaf pan very well with butter.
- Stir all ingredients in the pan with a fork.
- Beat the ingredients in the pan for 1 minute.
- Bake 55 to 65 minutes.
- Cool 5 minutes.
- Run a knife around the sides of the loaf to loosen and then remove from pan.
Just remember, calories don’t count when eating Banana Nut Bread!