Rice & Meatballs means more to me than just another dinner. It’s comfort food. This is a dish that my mom made so often and we always looked forward to it as kids. Keep it super simple and eat it just as it is or mix in a little ketchup or spice it up with some peppers. You can’t go wrong.
I’m partial to homemade meatballs but I mean super easy ones. You can literally roll up hamburger meat into balls, nothing fancy going on here. Be sure to keep an eye on the rice as it’s cooking, stirring occasionally to try to prevent the rice from sticking to the pan, and check to know the perfect minute it is done. Serve this up all by itself for a hearty meal you can fill up on, or pair it with your favorite veggie side dish.
Rice & Meatballs
This is a kid approved dinner. Everyone in the family will enjoy this recipe, and if you have a large family you know it is not always easy to find one thing that everyone looks forward to eating. If you have picky eaters, you can keep the peppers, onions, etc. separate and let each person customize their meal.
Busy weeknights can be so hard when kids have homework and other activities. Fast food can be such an attractive option, as cooking from scratch is probably the last thing you want to do after an exhausting day. This is a simple recipe that will save you time and also money, as there are only a few required ingredients. I hope that when you get the chance to cook this dinner for the first time, it will become one of your easiest, go-to homemade recipes.
Rice & Meatballs
- Meatballs Use as many as you want in a large skillet. Recommended to use homemade meatballs but store bought works too.
- Water Enough to cover meatballs completely.
- 1 cup Rice Use your favorite variety.
- Salt & pepper Season to taste.
- In a large skillet, place as many of your favorite meatballs as you like.
- Cover the meatballs completely with water.
- Add 1 cup of rice.
- Cook on medium heat until the rice is tender and the meatballs are done. If needed, add a little more water as it cooks.
Just remember, calories don’t count when you are eating Rice & Meatballs!