Looking for a cute, quick appetizer that differs from what you normally serve? Or a fun snack to make with your kids? Strawberry & cream cheese wontons are so delicious, fast, and simple.
I used plain, whipped cream cheese so that it was easy and fast to mix and spread, but you could swap this out for regular cream cheese or strawberry cream cheese.
When frying anything, I always burn the first batch because my heat is too high. These tiny treats will cook so fast. Don’t step away from the stove!
Strawberry & Cream Cheese Wontons
- 1 package wonton wrappers
- 1 container whipped cream cheese
- 1 carton fresh strawberries
- sugar to taste
- cooking oil
- 2 tbsp liquid egg whites can be substituted with water
- Fill a pan with enough cooking oil to cover the wontons.
- Heat the oil on medium-low heat.
- Wash and chop strawberries into small pieces.
- Mix whipped cream cheese with sugar until it is as sweet as you prefer.
- On each wonton wrapper, turned diagonally, spread whipped cream cheese. Add as much or as little as you prefer.
- Add strawberry pieces on top of the cream cheese in the center of the wonton.
- Fold the sides of the wonton together to form a triangle.
- Brush the edges of the folded wonton with egg whites and pinch a little to seal.
- Immediately add the wonton to the pan to cook. It will only take a minute; watch closely and turn the heat down if needed. I kept mine on low most of the time after the initial heating.
- Remove the wonton when it is lightly turning golden brown and add to a plate covered with paper towels to drain.
- Sprinkle with sugar for a sweet final touch.
These are tasty to eat right away, although I personally like to let them sit for a bit so the cream cheese is not so hot and gets a chance to settle. If you are using regular cream cheese and not whipped, then you may be able to eat them sooner. Enjoy!
Just remember, calories don’t count when eating
Strawberry & Cream Cheese Wontons!