The Perfect Spring Dessert
This recipe was passed down from my great aunt. If you have never tried strawberry salad, you will be surprised at how such simple ingredients create a dessert that is absolutely delicious.
The recipe calls for sweetened strawberries and since it’s not strawberry season here yet, the strawberries I had were a bit tart.
You may not need to sprinkle as much sugar on them as I did in order to sweeten yours if they are fresh from the field or farmer’s market. I love adding lots of strawberries for the recipe, but you can of course cut back if you want more JELL-O and less add-ins.
Be sure to stir as the JELL-O is dissolving to get a nice smooth mix. This recipe is so fast and easy to make. It doesn’t take much time at all to mix or to become firm in the fridge.
You can choose to leave the Cool Whip off the top. It does look really pretty without it. As a Cool Whip fan, though, it’s hard to imagine the taste being quite as good. Double the recipe if you are bringing this Strawberry Salad to a family get together. It will go quickly!
- 1 box Strawberry JELL-O 6 ounces
- 1 carton Fresh strawberries, sweetened 16 ounces
- 1 can Crushed pineapple 8 ounces (small can)
- 1 cup Chopped pecans
- 1 container Cool Whip 8 ounces
- Chop strawberries and sprinkle with sugar to sweeten.
- Let sit for a few minutes, then stir.
- Dissolve JELL-O in 1 cup of boiling water.
- Let cool, pour into a baking dish.
- Stir in sweetened strawberries, pineapple, and pecans.
- Place dessert in the fridge.
- When firm, remove dessert and spread Cool Whip over the top.