You can’t go wrong with this easy buffalo chicken dip. It is one of my absolute favorite recipes. You don’t have to spend a lot of time and effort in the kitchen to create a creamy, bubbly, cheesy delight. It hits the spot for a dinner for two or if you are preparing for a large crowd, use a larger baking dish and double the recipe! It will disappear so fast! It’s a hit for any occasion.
Hate spicy foods? You can adjust the spicy heat up or down by adding more, or less, of the hot wing/buffalo sauce. I don’t like super spicy food and I’m fine with the recipe as it is below. Add as much cheese as you want. I say the more, the better but it’s totally up to you of course. Go for all swiss, opt for mozzarella only, or stick to extra sharp cheddar if you really want a bite.
As a final step, begin creating the perfect tray of veggies, chips, or toasted bread as a compliment to the dip while it’s in the oven. Your guests will thank you! My favorite is definitely toasted French bread slices but beware, it’s very difficult to stop eating!
Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip with Cheddar & Baby Swiss
- 2 cups Chicken (shredded or chopped)
- 1 8 ounce package Cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup Ranch dressing
- 1/4 cup Blue cheese dressing
- 1/2 cup Hot wing or buffalo sauce (like Frank’s Red Hot)
- 1/2 cup Shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 package Baby Swiss deli thin cheese slices
- Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare the chicken. You can use canned chicken for this recipe, but I think it taste much better with fresh boneless skinless chicken tenderloins. I spray the pan with olive oil cooking spray and cook until slightly browned. I have also used a rotisserie chicken when in a hurry.
- Lightly grease an 8 inch baking dish with butter.
- Place the cream cheese in a medium or large size bowl and soften by heating in the microwave in short increments and stirring.
- Take the bowl out of the microwave and stir in all the other ingredients except the Baby Swiss cheese.
- Spoon contents of the bowl into baking dish and spread evenly.
- Top the dip with slices of Baby Swiss cheese. I pulled the cheese into strips but placing whole slices would be fine too.
- Place the dish in the oven and bake for 25 minutes.
- Enjoy! Serve hot with your choice of veggies, chips, or toasted bread.
Just remember, calories don’t count when eating Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip!